Bayou Corne/Grand Bayou Response Activity
Friday, Sep. 5 work-
Sinkhole Activity Code 3 – highest level – seismic activity not elevated in comparison to recent observations, but work within berms/directly on sinkhole continues to be suspended as a precaution while new safety protocols are finalized.
Sub-slab Sampling and Ventilation
– Continuing ambient and in-stack gas monitoring on sub-slab ventilation systems
– Finishing vent system at 174 Crawfish Stew
– Vapor testing at all locations that vent systems
– Installing fencing around vent systems
– Making adjustments to begin flaring ORW 42 (west of Texas Brine facility, north of La. 70)
– Completing work on flare for ORWs 3 and 46 (west of Bayou Corne, north of La. 70)
– Installing CPTs 77 (north of La. 70, west of La. 69) and 81(west of Grand Bayou, southeast of Texas Brine facility)
– Drilling test wells on Maurice Rd.
– Shutting down test of dual-phase vacuum extraction system for removal of gas from shallow sands
– Running bottom tag on Oxy 3A (wellhead on Oxy 9 well pad)
– Work on/within containment berms suspended pending approval of revised safety protocol