Bayou Corne/Grand Bayou Response Activity
Thursday, Sep. 5 work-
Sinkhole Activity Code 3 – highest level – seismic activity not elevated in comparison to recent observations, but work within berms/directly on sinkhole continues to be suspended as a precaution while new safety protocols are finalized.
Sub-slab Sampling and Ventilation
– Continuing ambient and in-stack gas monitoring on sub-slab ventilation systems
– Starting vent system at 174 Crawfish Stew
– Working at 102 Bream to help with ventilation
– Connecting ORW 42 to flare (west of Texas Brine facility, north of La. 70)
– Completing work on flare for ORWs 3 and 46 (west of Bayou Corne, north of La. 70)
– Installing CPT 9 (east of Grand Bayou, southeast of Texas Brine facility) and CPT 76 (north of La. 70, west of La. 69)
– Drilling test wells on Maurice Rd.
– Testing dual-phase vacuum extraction system for removal of gas from shallow sands
– Work on/within containment berms suspended pending approval of revised safety protocol